What is the procedure for picking up my child early?
If you are requesting to have your child leave campus early, send a note to the Front Office on the morning of the early dismissal. Include the following information:
- The students legal first and last name
- The date and time the child will be leaving
- Name and relationship of person child will be leaving with
- Name and phone number for verification
- Reason for early dismissal (i.e. personal, doctor's appointment, etc.)
Have your child bring the note to the office before school starts. Your child will be given a Call Slip stating the time he/she should report to the office. If picking up your child early in cases of emergency, please be aware that delays may occur due to verification of guardianship and/or locating the child. When picking up your child, you must come into the office and sign your child out. You are required to present a picture ID.
The person picking up the child must be on the child's contact list. If they are not, verification will be made before the child is released.
What are contraband items?
Contraband items include, but are not limited to:
aerosol cans, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, clubs, eggs, matches/lighters, pipes, portable radios, prophylactics, balloons, tape players, whistles, dice, rubber bands, laser pens, playing/trading cards, electronic games, permanent markers, CD players, CD's, iPods, MP3 players, or the like, cameras, chewing gum, skateboards, scooters, Heelies, footballs, cell phones, walkie-talkies, or other electronic devices.
The selling of of items not authorized as a Kapolei Middle School fundraiser is prohibited.
This information can be found in the Parent Handbook and also on the on the Hawaii State Department of Education website via this link: Chapter 19
Can I drop off items/messages for my child?
Procedures for messages and personal items dropped off for students:
- Students will be contacted through the public address system during non-instructional periods of the day (recess, lunch break, passing between periods) to pick up their message or items at the Front Office.
- Classrooms will not be disrupted for students to pick up their messages/items from the office. However, based on the urgency of the message or item, the student may be contacted during class time.
- Please refrain from calling the office for appointment pick up. It is highly recommended that the procedure for Early Dismissal be followed (see above).
Balloons are contraband items. Should we receive balloons for a student, they will be held in the office until the end of the school day.
Food deliveries are not allowed and we strongly discourage families from dropping off outside food during school hours (page 19-20 of the Parent Handbook, BOE-Competitive Food Sales Policy 6810).
Where can I purchase school uniforms?
School uniform shirts and jackets can be purchased at the Kapolei Middle School office during business hours.
How early/late can my child be at the school?
Campus supervision is available from 7:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. For the safety of your child, we ask that you do not send your child to school before 7:00 a.m. or have your child waiting at the school after 3:00 p.m.